Not Currently on View
This wedding dress was worn by Cornelia Morris Marr on October 28, 1920, in Columbus, Indiana.
It was designed by George Philip Meier, a designer and dressmaker for L.S. Ayres and Co. Meier's creations were extremely popular with upper-class women who commissioned him to design their wedding gowns, trousseaus, and ball gowns.
This dress with its raised handkerchief hemline is typical of the early 1920s. Meier incorporated delicate and feminine materials such as lace, pearls, beads, and rhinestones with exquisite fabrics, which became his signature.
Cynthia R. Marr, Indianapolis; IMA (1991).