St. James (the Pilgrim)

Unknown

Not Currently on View
Image Licensing

Abris Silberman, New York, possibly by 1930;{1} gift of Abris Silberman to Donald Jameson in 1934;{2} given to the Indianapolis Museum of Art in 1970 (70.12.3).{3}

{1}In a handwritten note on the back of a photograph and dated 9 September 1930, Dr. Gustav Glück, presumably an expert consulted by Abris Silberman, suggests that the panel is one of a pair of late fifteenth-century Netherlandish altar wings.
{2} A typed note, presumably given by Jameson to the IMA, states that the work is "a gift from Mr. Abris Silberman, January 1934." IMA Historical Files (70.123)
{3}Temporary Receipt No., 8810.

Object Information

artist
Unknown
creation date
about 1500
materials
oil on panel
dimensions
15-9/16 x 6-3/4 in. (framed)
accession number
70.12.3
credit line
Gift of Mrs. Donald Jameson
copyright
Public Domain
collection
European Painting and Sculpture Before 1800
deaccessioned on
06.18.2008
transfer notes
Sold on 6/17/2009 in the Interiors sale (Lot 21); Offered on 2/9/2009 in the Interiors sale (Lot 37) - unsold
reason
Secondary example
Deaccession Policy
colors